5700 University Avenue, Suite 100
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Ryan D Hervey is the lead Advisor on our Wealth Management team in West Des Moines, having joined Northwest in 2013. Ryan’s mission is to impact the lives of his clients through a deep understanding of their core beliefs and a desire to build rich relationships. His highly analytical and risk savvy approach to problem solving blended with his casual, conversational style makes for a client experience built on connection and communication. Starting with a crisp client discovery process honed through his legal background, deep conversations lead to plans that balance his clients’ desires for meaningful lives and legacies. Ryan works primarily with individuals, closely-held businesses, and 401(k) plans.
Ryan is a 1996 graduate of Urbandale High School, 2001 graduate of Simpson College (B.A. in History & Political Science), and 2004 graduate of Drake Law School, with honors, and a focus on taxation. He lives in West Des Moines with his wife and three children.
He's an INTP (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) and Enneagram 5w4. He also loves "Top" lists.
Ryan’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder® Themes:
- Strategic: People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Ideation: People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Maximizer: People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
- Connectedness: People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Belief: People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
Ryan’s Top 5 Television Shows:
- Mad Men
- The Americans
- The Wire
- Breaking Bad
Ryan’s Top 5 Movies:
- Pulp Fiction
- The Dark Knight
- Bull Durham
- His Girl Friday