EIDL Loan Forgiveness Email Scam - 8/15/23
- We have received reports of ag and business customers receiving an email with the subject of EIDL Forgiveness Program. The emails appear to be from the SBA, yet it is not legitimate. Please be advised these emails did not come from an SBA representative. EIDL are not eligible for forgiveness. The email comes from an address that ends in email@example.com. SBA email domains always end in @sba.gov. There is a PDF attachment with a PPP form number that doesn't correspond to the title on the form. This is an altered PPP form. They ask for SSN and DOB when they would only need information from the business.
- Tip: Tip: When something appears to be too good to be true, it most likely is. Avoid clicking any links or opening attachments from unverified sources. Delete the email and do not provide the sender with any information. When in doubt, call your banker or talk with one of our helpful customer service representatives at 800.678.4105.
- Debit Card Fraud Texts
- We have received reports that customers are receiving spoofed calls and texts that claim to be from our Northwest Bank Fraud Team asking to verify debit card activity and requesting debit card numbers and other personal information. Please advise these phone calls and/or texts did not come from a Northwest Bank Representative.
- Tip: We do not advise answering their questions as Northwest Bank will never ask customers for their personal information. If you receive a spoofed call or have questions, please contact 800.678.4105 to speak with a member of our Customer Service Team. Click Here to learn more about Call Spoofing.
- Call Spoofing
- We have received reports that customers are receiving spoofed calls and texts that appear to be from 800.678.4105 pretending to be with our Northwest Bank Fraud Team asking for information such as social security number, debit card information and beneficiary contacts. Please advise these phone calls did not come from a Northwest Bank Representative.
- Tip: Northwest Bank will send out text messages to verify debit card activity. If you receive a text, check that the text message is clear: Does the text define which card was used in the transaction? Is the included card information correct? If you have any questions about the text or the transaction do not call the number the text came from. Call us at 800-678-4105.
- Hotel Guest: Avoid The Front Desk Scam
- If you've got upcoming travel plans involving a hotel stay, whether for business or pleasure, beware of the hotel front desk scam. You read that right, but it's not the actual hotel asking for your credit card information, it's a fraudster's con to steal your money! LEARN MORE >
Fraud | Lost/Stolen Cards
Do you suspect Fraudulent Activity on your account? Do you have a lost or stolen card? We are here to help. LEARN MORE >
Protect Your Accounts
Northwest Bank offers several services to help you monitor your accounts, debit card transactions and control card usage. LEARN MORE >
Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Your identity is one of the most valuable things you own. See how you can reduce the chances of being victim of identity theft. LEARN MORE >
Are you a Small Business Owner?
Check out our Business Security Center for security tips to protect your business and customer's information.
Fraudulent Activity | Lost/Stolen Cards
We have help around the clock to help prevent others from using your cards to drain your accounts.
If you suspect any fraudulent activity with your account please contact a Northwest Bank Representative at 1.800.678.4105 (Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CST). During after hours, please contact the Card Processing Center at 1.800.472.3272.
If you are affected by a security breach, we strongly suggest you monitor your accounts and transactions through your Internet or Mobile Banking. If you notice any transactions that you do not recognize, please contact us immediately.
Lost Or Stolen Card
If your Northwest Bank Debit or ATM card has been lost or stolen:
- Contact a Northwest Bank Representative at 1.800.678.4105 Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CST.
- During after hours, please contact the Card Processing Center at 1.800.472.3272
- If you are enrolled in NB Card Secure, we encourage you to turn your debit card off.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card - Please contact the 24-Hour Cardmember Service at 1.800.558.3424.
Protect Your Accounts
Northwest Bank offers several services to help you monitor your accounts, debit card transactions as well as control of your card usage.
Card Secure | NEW! Debit Card Management | Coming Soon!
Ready for an easier way to manage your debit cards? Our upgraded card experience puts more control, convenience, and safety in your hands. From the ability to turn your cards on/off, to clearer merchant transaction info to robust fraud protections, you can do even more from your Northwest Bank Mobile App.
Download our Northwest Bank mobile banking app and manage your debit card and track your spending all in one convenient place! Once you are logged into our mobile banking app, tap 'My Cards" within the app and start managing your debit card and tracking your spending.
Learn more about our current Card Secure option: Protect your debit cards through our Northwest Bank Card Secure App and receive alerts and define when, where and how your debit card is used.
Customize real time account alerts, so that the moment an account event occurs you can be notified by email, text, push notification or an online message. Enjoy peace of mind wherever you are with Account Alerts. There are dozens of account actives you can choose from:
- When your account balance falls below a certain threshold
- A deposit or transaction has hit your account
- When a check has cleared your account
Set-Up Account Alerts Today!
Know Your Credit Score* With Credit Sense
Your credit score* is more than just a number - it's a way for lenders to determine whether you are eligible for a loan, the amount of the loan, interest rate and your payment - important stuff when you are planning for your future.
With Credit Sense you can access your credit score* along with personalized tips on how to improve or maintain an already great score. It's built right into your Online and Mobile Banking App. Anytime you log into your Online or Mobile Banking you can check your score. Your score will be pulled each month and you'll receive an email letting you know what has changed that month.
Know Your Score* With Credit Sense
Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Your identity is one of the most valuable things you own. It’s important to keep your identity from being stolen by someone who can potentially harm your good name and financial well-being. Identity theft occurs when someone uses your name, address, Social Security Number, credit card or financial account numbers, passwords, and other personal information without your knowledge to commit fraud or other crimes. Learn more about Identity Theft.
Reduce the chances of being a victim of identity theft and sign-up with an ID theft protection and monitoring company. The Identity Theft service offered through Northwest Insurance
Services is ReliaShield**, which is an identity theft protection company that provides you with tools and services to monitor, alert and then assist you if anything were to happen.
Learn more about ReliaShield.
*The credit score provided is intended to help you understand the factors that affect your credit score, and ways you may be able to save money with Northwest Bank loan products. It is generally not used for loan approval purposes or for determining loan rates. Loan rates and approvals are based on information provided to the bank when you apply for a loan. The credit score found in the credit report may be different than the credit score you see here. The offers presented here are not offers to lend; normal underwriting criteria apply. Terms and conditions and offers are subject to change at any time.
** ReliaShield is a service offered by Northwest Insurance Services for a fee depending on what plan you choose.